RESERVING YOUR CLASS
Please read COVID-19 signs/symptoms/prevention
2090 E. Main St, Ventura, CA 93001
NO PICTURES OR VIDEOS INSIDE OF ACADEMY ALLOWED
- Please download the Spark Member App in the Google App or iTunes App Store.
- You will select the Country & State for our Academy
- Scroll down to “Pu’u Muay Thai” in the facility menu then proceed to next page
- If you are a currently enrolled student, you will have an account already! Just hit “forgot password” and it will email you at the address we have on file with your password.
- Once you login, hit the burger menu in the upper lefthand corner (it looks like 3 horizontal lines stacked on top of each other)
- Click “My Class Schedule” then hit the red plus sign “+” in the corner to select your class
- Once you find the class you which to participate in, click the red “Join” button on that class, confirm you want to join the class and you’re set!
Current Guidelines For Reserving Class:
As things change and we phase into adding more classes per our Epidemiologist, we ask that you only reserve for 1 class per day. This will change as we continue to go through and may change with or without notice due to the uncertainty of the CV19 situation.
- If you NO-SHOW for your class, you will not be able to reserve that class time next week as you took someone else’s spot that wanted to participate that day.
- If you are unable to show for your class, please remove yourself using the app with enough time for someone else to reserve their spot in that class.
- We ask that you stick to your set days for classes. If you choose Monday, please always select Monday class at the same time if possible. This is to reduce exposure and keep you with your new “nuclear family” in the class.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN AT ACADEMY
- You will have filled out a new waiver online before arriving to the academy! We sent out email to all students already.
- Arrive with your hands already wrapped for class & in your Muay Thai uniform.
- Please check-in using the Spark Membership App on your phone for your class time. This will be used in place of the attendance cards for the time being. In the event that you forget, please let the instructor know.
- We ask that you wait outside of the academy until you’re invited inside by the team. This is to ensure we limit the number of people inside of the academy at any given time. Please do keep in mind social distancing guidelines given to us by Municipal, County & State Government.
- We ask that you wear a safety mask while entering the facility, we understand if you can’t due to any medical issues. This is a Municipal, County & State guideline.
- When you enter the facility, we will provide hand sanitizer as same as we did prior to CV19.
- We will then use a contact-less temperature check. If you’re temperature is above the CDC guidelines, you will be unable to attend class for 2 weeks (14 days) but will be able to continue training online via Zoom!
- You will remove your shoes in the waiting area, your will bring your equipment bag, gloves, towel, water bottle, and any other protective equipment required for your class to be used.
- Please use the foot cleaning station before entering the matted training area.
- You will proceed to a marked spot on the mats and will place your equipment next to you.
- If you need to use the restroom, please do so before class. Please remember to wash your hands and use the supplied spray bottle and paper towels to wipe down any surfaces you may have touched before exiting the restroom.
- If you have a partner/family member that is part of your exposed group(“nuclear family”), we invite them to be with you in your station for a class during bag/partner classes.
- Please follow the instructions from the instructor during class, if you do not feel comfortable doing something, just simply let the instructor know and they can give you a modification for what the class is doing.
- Please remember to towel down between class and sanitize your station between drills or if there are rotations during class to other stations. We will supply a spray bottle and microfiber cloths for this purpose.
- If you get very sweaty during class, we ask to make sure to bring an extra shirt in case you need to change into a clean shirt during class. Also, bring an extra mask as they can be harder to breathe through when in contact with sweat.
- After class concludes, please wipe down your equipment & return using the cleaning supplies provided. Please know that these are very expensive due to resource constraints, please only use what you need.
- If you need to speak with front desk (make an appointment, purchase something, etc), please let them know and they will give you a call after you exit the academy. This is to allow us to sanitize and clear the academy between classes, to allow the next class to enter the academy.
- Feel good and get some fresh air outside and be stoked to be back!
Virtual Classes Will Continue
That’s right! We will continue our virtual academy for those that have either moved, will be moving, not comfortable yet, or are/around an immunocompromised person. This has been a tremendous silver lining in that we have been able to take on students from overseas and have created some unity without our student base! This has changed due to the in-person training returning!
Doors will remain open during class time
Our Epidemiologist suggested that we keep all windows & doors open to increase fresh air into our academy. We essentially have an “open-air” setup with the front & back doors open. Please dress according to the weather!
No Open Training Between Classes… for now
We will not be having open training times for the time being between classes to help limit the number of people within the academy during operations. We hope to re-introduce this in phase 2 or 3 of our plan with our Epidemiologist.
You will have to reserve your class ahead of time!
We have an awesome new system that will make this VERY SIMPLE! It’s called the Spark Member App (click here for Google Play / click here for Apple Store) This is in order to limit the number of people who can be inside of the academy at any given time. We are looking at 8-10 students allowed at any given time. We will roll out more on this as we get closer.
If you’re sick or feeling sick, stay home!
Please refer to the COVID-19 symptoms sheet on this page to check yourself or your child for symptoms. If you/they are sick, please stay home, seek any necessary medical care & contact us.
MASK REQUIRED CLASS
We have a mask required class at 8pm on Tuesday & Thursday where everyone in the academy is required to wear a safety mask. These classes will run for 30 minutes due to the reduction of oxygen intake. We also have an o2 meter to check your o2 level after/during class for your health & safety.
Contactless Check-In System
Don’t worry, we will keep your attendance cards safe! We love them because they are great tools but want to limit the number of contact surfaces during this time. You will be able to use the same Spark Member App to check-in to your class time to make sure you get credit towards your next level!
Class Schedule Change
All classes will be changed to a 45 minute timeframe with a 15 minute cleanup period between classes. If the class time is shorter, don’t worry, we will have more details on this soon! Students are to wait outside of academy until allowed into the academy by the staff.
Need to talk to our team?
We will still be offering the same awesome service as soon as we are able to! We will though, at this time be implementing office chats to APPOINTMENT ONLY! This is again to limit the number of people within the academy at any given time. Walk-ins will be asked to schedule an appointment.
Additional Sanitary Station
Along with our heavy duty mat cleaner and mop that we clean and replace multiple times per day. We will continue to provide hand sanitizer for our students at the front desk and ask that you PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE CLASS! Warm water & soap is always provided. We have always provided sanitary wipes for your equipment and for the loaned equipment, please only use what is necessary! We have seen many people use these to clean their feet/bodies/etc… That is not the intended use and they are very expensive! Even before the current Covid-19 situation, these were expensive, so you can imagine they cost even more now. If you’re looking for body wipes, we highly recommend theseBody Wipes by Kennedy Industries. Our instructors have been using these for quite a while between classes for some time and we really like them! We have also purchased a foot sanitizing station! These are safe for boxing & wrestling shoes as well. This will be required when entering the training area.
Our Cleaning Policies
Our staff goes through multiple times per shift a set of cleaning protocols which include wiping down door handles & other high contact areas between classes. This includes the wipe down of the training area as well with a special cleaner from Kennedy Industries that is a spray & leave style formula that is hospital grade. We also run a Ozonator that filters the whole academy during the night & between shifts. Ozonators will literally attack and kill germs, bacteria and viruses at a molecular level! We have been running this at our academy since November of 2019 on recommendation from industry experts… we are ahead of this and ALWAYS look out for your safety!
Stricly Enforcing Our Academy Etiquette & Guidelines
Our academy etiquette & guidelines have been prominently displayed at the front of the academy for most of 2019. On there it lists, “training with illness or infection is prohibited!” Please know that if you are sick or think you may be getting sick, you are not allowed in the academy to train. This has always been our standard and we hope you now understand why.
Also, we have begun asking students to wear a fresh uniform t-shirt for class class as well as a towel to towel off & wipe up their sweat between drills. This still stands! We suggest bringing an extra shirt if you’re a heavy sweater and need to towel off & change during class. We will be making it easier to get towels for your training bag for sale if you need them as well. Our Epidemiologist let us know that there is overwhelming evidence showing that CV-19 DOES NOT spread through sweat.
Slippers In The Restroom
Hey, we get it, you’re just going to go in and wash your hands… you don’t have to obey the academy etiquette and guidelines… not! Those germs, bacteria and viruses don’t care, they will stay on your feet which then get onto your training partners. Please respect the footwear rule even moreso given our circumstances. We have bought easily sanitized slippers for restroom use that should be sufficient for your use. But in the event you need to use your own footwear, you must clean them in the foot cleaning station at front of academy before carrying them to the restroom for use.
No parent’s watching inside of academy at this time
All of the kids classes will be streamed via Zoom! Please know that you can obtain the class link from Spark Member App on the announcement page in case you lose track of it. Parents will currently be unable to be in the academy unless you choose to be on the mats with your child (this is an option – let us know if you would like to do this)
We will be limiting class sizes to 10 students to allow proper physical distancing in classes to adhere to Municipal, County & State requests.